Frequently Asked Questions
What types of threats can 3B products protect against?
- BLAST WALLS, BUILDINGS, GATES, AND DOORS
- High explosive blast – terrorist threats and accidental explosions
- Vapor cloud explosions
- Pressure vessel rupture
- High-speed Fragments
- Direct shape charge attack
- BALLISTIC WALLS, BUILDINGS, GATES, AND DOORS
- All NIJ & UL-752 Levels 1-10
- Ballistic stress testing
- Heavy ballistic attack 5200 rounds
- Deflagration events in petrochemical facilities
- Pool fires
- Jet fires (requires non-standard protective components)
- Tested to ASTM E119
- Up to 8 hours of fire protection
- HIGH WINDS
- Maximum tornado and hurricane-level wind speeds
- Windborne debris impact per FEMA P-361 / ICC 500
- Our engineers can design to accommodate any earthquake or seismic code
- FORCED ENTRY
- Doors 90 Minutes
- Gates 180 Minutes
- Walls 240 Minutes
- The above is based on low-level threats times can be increased if required
- PROJECTILE IMPACT
- Fragmentation from weapons detonation speed 7000 FPS
- Fragmentation from pressure vessel rupture
- Airborne debris from blast events
- Shape charge
Can 3B products protect against multiple hazards?
- Yes – we can easily provide multi-use products, which are designed for protection against various combinations of the threats listed above.
- We offer a shopping list approach on all our products giving you the option to choose from any threat combination you require.
Will anyone know that I have 3B walls, doors, or gates?
- The answer is no unless you tell them. All our products look like any other everyday product. The secret is inside the makeup of the product. That’s what gives it its unique capabilities.
What sizes are available for 3B standard products?
- Standard 3B blocks are 16” x 8” x 6” / plus additional sizes
- Standard 3B panel sizes 12”x6” 12”x8”/ any size produced upon request
- Lightweight retrofit panel sizes are 2’x 2’, 4’x 6’, 4’x 8’ / other sizes upon request
- Custom sizes available upon request
- Modular wall solutions and buildings available
What types of exterior finishes are available for 3B products?
- 3B panels and columns are available in a range of different patterns and can be finished in any color that you wish.
- 3B blocks would need to have a render applied to get a finish, as you would do with any normal CMU block.
What can I expect of the interior environment for my 3B building?
- While it would be reasonable to expect a building that protects against extreme threats to have the feel of a heavy-duty bunker, this will not be the case with your building.
- Previous clients have indicated their surprise with the level of interior comfort and general feel of a normal building.
What Standards has 3B been tested to?
- All testing has been carried out to meet the globally accepted ASTM standards and the world-renowned NIJ & UL-level ballistic testing.
- All our certifications meet USA standards and can also be used to design projects worldwide.
Can you estimate complete projects or just supply products?
- 3B offers a full turnkey solution from consultation, design, engineering, manufacturing, and installation.
- If you have your own engineers, we can work in conjunction with them.
- Products can be supplied without installation if required.
- Our gates and doors must be installed by our construction teams.
Please call us to set up a meeting with our lead engineer for additional questions.